Monday, January 18, 2016

First Swim

1st week of Triathalon training felt pretty good! Last week I mostly got my diet under control, ran a couple times and planned out a rough training schedule. Today is Monday of Week 2 and I started it off by going for a 1/4 mile swim. 
I have never swam lengths in a public pool before. I felt like a huge newbie and was sure I was breaking some rule or code of conduct but no one yelled at me or gave me dirty looks so I think I was ok. It took me roughly 1/2 an hour and I didn't really know what to do so I just swam back and forth 2 lengths easy then pushed myself for 2 lengths...til I had done 21 lengths. I was really tired at the end and almost inhaled water a couple times trying to catch my breath. Apparently swimming is the part of the Triathalon they recommend getting a coach for and I can see why. 
Just going there and swimming felt like a triumph! I walked out of there with goggle imprints on my face, wet hair freezing in the cold air and a smile on my face. Then I went to Starbucks and got a breakfast sandwich and a cappucino to celebrate. First swim done!

No comments:

Post a Comment